The Spin Zone

11:06:00 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
Well, I've finally done it! Imade my drop spindles for spinning fiber, YAY! I'm so excited. I've been researching the best way to make my own for the last week. First, I tried it with a door knob on my dowel...not enough weight. Next, was a round wooden plaque, no dice! Finally, this!
It works perfectly! Who would have thought CDs, and i have a million scratched cds taking up valueable space. So, I made a top whorl spindle and a bottom whorl spindle! I like the top whorl better, but that's a personal choice. I spent less than five dollars, including tax! I had a spindle, so of course, I went to my life line: Ebay. I have wool roving on the way, yippe! I'll be sure to post photos of my newly spun fiber, after it's spun of course :)

New projects seem to jump into my hands. What can I say, i'm a craft whore. I just cant seem to commit to only one. Oh well, where's the fun in that? Right now i'm crocheting a doll for the Princeass, and knitting blocks for a bebe blankie for my sis, and some yummy socks for myself...I'm planning to finish these up this week. I need a clean conscience when my wool arrives. Maybe if i'm good tomorrow i'll get around to posting some WIP pics.

I also have a pair of turqouise qauntlets, Max and Ruby to show off...oooh, the suspence. Ciao!

0 comments: